Welcome to SPRING at Alcyon!
Located on Mount Desert Island on the edge of Seal Cove, we are guests of tidal rhythms that teach us to live attentively with earth and each other. To all who visit, the cove slowly reveals her mysteries.
We are also an experiment in practicing community, spiritual hospitality, and theological study for our times. At root, we follow a countercultural notion that Silence encountered in the depth of the human heart is healing medicine for the world. Soul work and practice is where we all start— come join us.
You are welcome here! All our programs offer tastes of a contemplative path for our times and invitations to think about the world in new ways.
- Alcyon Sampler Weekends NEW IN 2019 Come for an overnight Alcyon experience—joining as you wish in Quiet Day, Soul Friends, morning sit and conversation, spiritual direction and labyrinth walk.
- Personal Retreats
- Courses and Retreats in spiritual practice
- Contemplative Spiritual Direction Training
- Spring and Fall Volunteer Work Weeks
- Weekly Bible Reflection
- Monthly Quiet Day and Soul Friends
We look forward to hearing from you, and send blessings from the ever-changing Seal Cove,
Kathryn Booth and Joan Jordan Grant, directors